Just today I heard about what’s called the Liebster Award. Thank you to Kristina Van Hoose for nominating me. That’s so sweet! So, I want to pay it forward. I love blogging and hope to connect more of us. I’m sure we can all teach each other a lot of awesome things!
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
Every day that I blog (which I’m working on making it a habit), I learn something new. It’s definitely a great adventure! My new friend Kristina nominated me for the Liebster Award. I took German in high school and part of college (and still LOVE the language), so when I saw this, I was touched! It means “dearest/loved one.” Maybe I’m a huge girl about it, but I think that’s really kind. Let’s spread the kindness, you guys!
So, as a nominee, Kristina gave me some questions to answer about myself. Here goes:
- If you could be any animal, what would you be and why? I would be an eagle because we both don’t flock in a group. Also because they fly high and have the ability to see the big picture and in small detail. I try to exercise those same abilities.
- If you could be a character in any book – or just be in any book – what character/book would you choose? Why? This is a tough one. I’ve always wanted to be myself and make my life worthy of a story. But if I had to choose, it would be Wonder Blake in Rachel Cohn’s
“Pop Princess” just because I’ve always been fascinated with the lifestyle of someone like Britney Spears or another popular singer. I’m more interested in making my own life a great story, though.
- What’s one thing you hope to accomplish in your lifetime? I hope to accomplish many things, but one of them is to create a life where my mom doesn’t have to worry about money or anything, but that she’s free to follow her dreams and passions. No worries at all because everything is already taken care of for her!
- How long have you known your best friend? I have a few best friends, but the longest-running, I’ve known my best friend Stephanie for 17 years. We met in the fifth grade.
- What’s your favorite _______? You get to decide what favorite favorite you write about. From colors to numbers to food to places. You decide. Type of music…it depends on when you ask me. Right now, I’m loving tunes from some little-known bands such as Flights Over Phoenix and The George Twins.
- What’s one book or blog you’d recommend that I read? “The Slight Edge” by Jeff Olsen. I’m reading it for the second time. It’s about how to create habits and keep them in order to gain monumental success. I’ll take it!!
- Dogs, cats, both or neither? Both!!!
- What was your first job? Unofficially, I helped my mom when she worked at Fazoli’s; I even made tips by serving people however I could and being darn cute while I did it!…But officially, my first job was at Subway. Eat this!
- What would you tell your childhood self? Not to worry about anything because everything works out the way it’s supposed to! Also, to eat less junk food. It’s hard going through middle school being a little fat.
- Who is your biggest role model or hero? My friend Courtney because she overcame some of the craziest stuff to become successful…and she loves helping others overcome and win. What good is a story if no one else benefits from it?
- Wildcard: Ask yourself a question and answer it. What’s one thing you’re really excited about right now?…Getting my business cards for my copywriting business, in the mail!! 😀
Now for the really fun part…I have nominated 5 of my fellow bloggers because they’re totally awesome and deserving of this award. If your name is on the following list, your questions are below. Have fun!! 😀
- Twentyfour because the blog is super creative and I can’t wait to see what she does with it!
- Kristina Van Hoose, not only because she nominated me, but also because she’s got a great blog and we seem to be on the same wavelength, which in and of itself, it awesome!
- Follow the Tumble Lees because who doesn’t want to travel like that?!? I can’t wait to RV!!
- My Life as Cathy because let’s add one more to her repertoire! Can you believe she’s only 15?!?
- Iva Mae because she’s a great friend of mine, but also because she has some darn good things to say. Do yourself a favor and read her site! It’s awesome!
Questions for the nominees:
- In 5 words or less, describe your personality.
- What’s one thing that you love, but most people wouldn’t associate with you?
- If you had a chance to travel anywhere, all expenses paid, where would it be and why?
- What’s your middle name? Do you like it?
- Who was your first kiss with?
- Love or money?
- What band has the most songs you like? Are they your all-time favorite band? Why or why not?
- What is one thing you’ve always wanted to do, but have been afraid to or just have not had the resources to do? Take the lid off your thinking!
- If you were famous, what would it be for?
- Do you have any interesting ancestors? What did they do?
- What do you want to be known for when you die?